To start a X Ads campaign, you need to add an active card to your ads account. You can add one of our accepted credit or debit cards to your ads account in the “Payment methods” tab. Read on for more details.
Credit and debit cards
Self-serve advertisers can pay for X Ads using credit and debit cards. X accepts payments in the official currencies of all countries where the X self-service ads product is available. We accept:
- American Express
- Diners Club*
- China Union Pay***
We also accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express debit cards.
*Diners Club is only accepted in the US.
**JCB is only accepted in JP Yen and USD.
***Accepted only as a credit card; not currently a debit card.
Add a card
- Log in to ads.x.com.
- Click on your account name in the top-right corner.
- Select “Payment methods”* from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Add new funding source” in the top-right corner.
- Enter your card number, expiration date, CVV, billing address, and email address.
- Click “Proceed to confirmation” and confirm.
- Your card will go through an internal check.
- You’re all set! If your card is approved, it will appear as “Valid” in the “Payment methods” tab, and you’re ready to start your campaigns.
Change or switch a card
Switch billing to an existing card
- Go to ads.x.com and click on your account name in the top-right corner.
- Select “Payment Methods” from the drop-down menu. You’ll be taken to the page where you can add, delete, and manage your card information.
- If the card you want to select has already been added, click on the credit card and click “Mark as default”. Your campaigns will now be billed to the card you selected.
Switch billing to a new card
- Click “Add new funding source” in your ads account and fill in the relevant card fields.
- Click “Make this card the active, default payment method”.
- Click “Proceed to confirmation” and confirm that the information you’ve entered is correct.
- Click “Add this card” once you’ve verified the information.
- Your card will then go through an approval process. Once we’ve determined that the new card you’ve entered is valid, it will display the “Active Card” icon.
Once this card is active, all your campaigns being billed will be switched over to the new, active card.