On an annual basis, between 06:00 – 18:00 on 1 September and 31 March; and between 08:00 – 16h00 on 1 April and 31 August, all consumers are prohibited from watering and irrigating their gardens;
• All consumers are prohibited from using a hose pipe to clean paved areas and driveways with municipal water.
The City of Joburg has again urged all customers to continue to use water sparingly as the rain-starved winter months approach.
South Africa is a water-scarce country and at all times residents are reminded to conserve water by practicing the following water-saving tips:
· Do not leave taps dripping.
· Wash your car on the grass, this will water your lawn at the same time.
· Use a watering can instead of a hosepipe.
· Shorten your showering time.
· Use a glass of water to rinse when brushing your teeth.
· Take shallow baths. Avoid filling your bath to a depth greater than 100mm.
· Re-use water to water your garden or pot plants.