Years of the Gregorian calendar, which is currently in use, are counted from AD 1. Thus, the 1st century comprised the years AD 1 through AD 100. The second century started with AD 101 and continued through AD 200. By extrapolation, the 20th century comprises the years AD 1901-2000. Therefore, the 21st century will begin with 1 January 2001 and continue through 31 December 2100.
Similarly, the 1st millennium comprised the years AD 1-1000. The 2nd millennium comprises the years AD 1001-2000. The 3rd millennium will begin with AD 2001 and continue through AD 3000.
- enable sustainable, safe and durable construction (new and existing buildings and strategic infrastructures),
- promote the circular construction / economy;
- improve the energy efficiency of construction,
- favour the quality and comfort of building (indoor air quality and comfort).
The conference will cover all the topics in the scope of RILEM scientific activities, and will include:
- Cementitious materials (conventional and low-CO2 binders, alkali-activated materials and geopolymers, new binders (sulfur, magnesium, etc.)),
- Bricks, stone, masonry, mortars, grouts
- Bio-based materials, earth construction (special session organised)
- Bituminous materials (special session organised)
- Wood and timber structures
- Buildings: Quality of indoor air, comfort, hygrothermal behaviour of building materials
- Strategic infrastructures in their environments