October Holidays and Monthly ObservancesIf you’re looking for important dates in October, you’ll find something special for every day of the month. You might have Halloween and hot apple cider on your mind, but these October dates will also have you thinking about teachers, butterflies, and farmers.
Check out these important days of October and find something new to celebrate or learn about!
- Columbus Day (Second Monday of the month)
- Halloween (October 31st)
- World Smile Day (First Friday of the month)
- World Egg Day (Second Friday of the month)
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- National Apple Month.
- National Book Month
- National Bullying Prevention Month
- National Pizza Month
- National Roller Skating Month
National Days in October
Enjoy these October special days that you can celebrate at work, school, or home.
- October 1st – National Homemade Cookies Day
- October 2nd – National Custodial Worker Day
- October 4th – National Frappe Day
- October 4th – National Golf Day
- October 10th – National Angel Food Cake Day
- October 12th – National Gumbo Day
- October 14th – National Dessert Day
- October 17th – National Pasta Day
- October 21st – National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
- October 24th – National Bologna Day
- October 29th – National Cat Day
- October 30th – National Candy Corn Day