Scoring a century for a cricketer is a big achievement as they always hustle for it. A hundred requires dedication, discipline and confidence to make it happen. Over the years, various batters of different countries have made centuries, but there is a difference between making one century and consistently scoring it. Players who hit centuries on a regular basis and bat excellently are always special. Let’s take a gaze at the players with the most centuries in all formats of cricket.
Here’s a list of the top 10 cricketers with the most international centuries in cricket.
|Sr No.||Name||Country||No. of Centuries||Highest Score|
|4||Kumara Sangakkara||Sri Lanka||63||319|
|5||Jacque Kallis||South Africa||62||224|
|6||Hashim Amla||South Africa||55||311*|
|7||Mahela Jayawardene||Sri Lanka||54||374|
|8||Brian Lara||West Indies||53||400|
|10||AB de Villiers||South Africa||47||278*|
Jacques Kallis – 5th Most International Centuries
- Kallis is the only cricketer in cricket history who scored more than 10,000 runs and took 250 wickets in both Test matches and ODI cricket as of 2022.
- He grabbed 131 one-day international cricket catches.
- Jacques scored 13,289 runs in his overall Test match career and seized 292 wickets and 200 catches.
Rohit Sharma – Most Centuries in T20 Internationals
One of the most famous names in international cricket in contemporary times, Rohit Sharma, started his career in international T20 cricket in 2007.
- Besides being the cricketer, who has scored the most centuries in international T20 cricket with 4 tons, Rohit Sharma has 30 ODI tons and 8 International Test tons to his name.
- Interestingly, Rohit Sharma is the current captain of the Indian National Men’s Cricket Team for One Day Internationals and T20 Internationals.
- Virat Kohli is the former captain of the Indian National Men’s Test Cricket Team.
Among the top 10 cricketers having the most centuries in international cricket, it should be noted that Virat Kohli is the only active player on the list.
Often regarded as the greatest batsman in the history of international cricket, Sachin Tendulkar started his international cricket journey at 16 in a test match held in Karachi against Pakistan.
- In 1990, he scored his maiden century in international cricket in a test match against England held in Old Trafford, Manchester.
- He marked the beginning of a career that, till now, has the most international centuries in cricket.
- Even after a decade of bidding goodbye to competitive cricket, Sachin Tendulkar remains the cricketer, having hit the most centuries in both Test cricket (51) and One Day Internationals (49).
Virat Kohli- Most hundreds in International Cricket
Virat Kohli, an Indian right-handed cricket batsman, has recently made 75 centuries in an international cricket match.
- He scored 1 in Internationals Twenty20, 28 in Test cricket, and 46 in ODI cricket, as of 8th September 2022.
- He hit his first T20I hundred for India in an Asia Cup 2022 match against Afghanistan.
- Kohli evolved the fourth Indian to score a century in all forms (after Rohit and KL Rahul, Suresh Raina).
- Kohli is the first batsman to attain a century in Asia Cup T20s for men.
Kumar Sangakkara – Most hundreds in a career
Kumar scored 28,016 runs in international cricket across all formats in a career that spanned 15 years.
- He was the fourth cricketer to score the most hundred in his ODI career.
- After retirement, he was the second-highest run-scorer in ODI cricket and the sixth-highest scorer in Test cricket.
- At different stages of his international career, he was rated as the top three batsman in the world in all three forms.