Roma and AC Milan go head-to-head at the Stadio Olimpico in Italy’s Serie A on Friday, September 1st. AC Milan go in search of their third straight victory in the league when they visit Roma. Read our Serie A predictions and betting tips along with the latest match fixtures.
- AC Milan managed to win each of their first two Serie A games of the season.
- In contrast, Roma took just one point from their first two assignments in the division.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in seven previous meetings with Roma.
- AC Milan won on two of their last three visits to the Stadio Olimpico to face Roma.
Over 1.5 AC Milan Goals
- Roma conceded twice in each of their first two Serie A matches of the season.
- AC Milan netted six times across their first two tests of the campaign.
- AC Milan are the top scorers in Serie A after two rounds of fixtures.
- Milan notched at least twice in six of their last seven meetings with Roma
The probability of a Roma victory this week has been set at 27.7% by the bookmakers which makes the hosts the expected winners on Friday, but only just. Both teams to score meanwhile, could land you some tasty profit at 10/11 (1.91), while a 3-1 win in Roma’s favour could be one to weigh up at 9/1 (10.00) in the correct score market. That outcome has an implied probability of 10%.
Roma vs AC Milan Team News & Injuries
Read all of the latest injury updates, Roma vs AC Milan lineups and team news for Friday’s Serie A tussle below.
Tammy Abraham and Marash Kumbulla are long-term absentees for Roma, while midfielder Renato Sanches is out of action until next month. Roma slipped to a surprise 2-1 defeat at Verona last time out.
Predicted Lineup for Roma: Patricio – Mancini, Smalling, Llorente – Kristensen, Pellegrini, Paredes, Cristante, Zalewski – Dybala, Belotti
Ismael Bennacer is still in the treatment room, though AC Milan have few injury issues beyond that. Milan put four goals past Torino last weekend in an impressive showcase of attacking football.
Predicted Lineup for AC Milan: Maignan – Calabria, Thiaw, Tomori, Hernandez – Loftus-Cheek, Krunic, Reijnders – Pulisic, Leao, Giroud
Player to Watch – Olivier Giroud
The evergreen Olivier Giroud has started the season in typically impactful form, netting three times in his first two Serie A appearances of the fresh campaign. The veteran Frenchman will be hunting down more goals on Friday.